Egyptian Dreams II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Egyptian Dreams II

For people who really DIG Ancient Egypt!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ASP
Admin
ASP

Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/) Empty
PostSubject: Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/)   Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Back to top Go down
https://egyptiandreams2.darkbb.com
ASP
Admin
ASP

PostSubject: Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/)   Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:20 pm

If you will now go to You Tube for the other 5 parts by clicking on the video above to go to the site, we can then discuss what a pile of crap this was.

First of all as I said in the thread 'Cleopatra and Arsinoe' that
being the recognized incarnation of her ancestor Arsinoe II that she would not have harmed her younger sister of the same name. In fact I believe it was Cleopatra who shall we say seeded the audience with ringers to change Caesar's mind when he was planning on having her killed after the battle of Alexandria. I also believe she manipulated Caesar into having Arsinoe exiled to Ephesus so she could keep an eye on her.

The only crime Cleopatra had done was the crime of Omission. She had found out that Mark Anthony jumped the gun and had her murdered, but didn't say so at the time, because of the on going war with Octavian. It would have made a divided fron't, so to speak. But when the time came and she was able to meet her vengence on Mark Anthony, by abandoning him at Actium. Thus she would have hope in saving her country.

But because of the omission of the time, a set of energies went into play, that led to her down fall...In other words....Always speak the truth when it's needed not when it's convienant. And what was worse she never had a chance to even denounce Mark Anthony as the killer.
Back to top Go down
https://egyptiandreams2.darkbb.com
Sitessa

Sitessa

PostSubject: Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/)   Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:17 pm

As of the 8th I have changed my mind as to whether this series was correct. I took it that Cleopatra could not have been the monster that she was, for personal reasons. But after much contemplation I decided that she may have been more than just a monster.

I think she used that fool Mark Anthony to do away with her and to silence him she dumped him at Actium. But all did not bode well for her as everything she planned fell apart after she had her virgin sister sacrificed on the Temple steps.

Was it that she was jealous of her or was it a coldly calculated attempt to gain power, that her sister, Arsinoe held, that she could never have.

I assumed, wrongly, that Cleo may have seen to it that Arsinoe was saved from Caesar's Triumphant, but I now think it was the powers that be that created the energy to get her from them. But I do think that Cleo did have something to do with getting Arsinoe sent to Ephesus.

I also incorrectly identified Cleopatra as Arsinoe II's incarnation. This was wrong. The reason the Ptolemies only used certian names, was to recognize the reincarnative lines in the family. I do believe at one point after she had her sister murdered that she took this title, which further lead to her down fall.

The series pointed out that the facial reconstruction was done from mesurements of the skull , which they believed the Nazi's may have taken. I contend that the measurements was of another skull placed in the tomb by Arsinoe's mentor at the Temple of Artimis, whom I believe now built the tomb. You see I think that Cleopatra had her sister decapitated and the head brought to her as proof of her death. As a child, the young Cleo had seen her father bring her older sister's head to a feast when he came back from exile. This undoubltly warped her into doing the same thing.

So what became of Arsinoe's head? Could it be where the rest of the Ptolomies are entombed? Cleo certainly would not have done it out of respect, but for other reasonings.

As I said the Ptolemies are buried along with Alexander in a place unexpected.....But bears their mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/)   Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleopatra: A Portrait of a Killer Video (part1/)
Page 1 of 1